Blood Pressure Review
Blood pressure should be measured over a 7 day period and checked in the morning and evening. If you have been advised by the practice to submit your blood pressure readings on a regular basis please use this form.
- Please measure your blood pressure every day in the morning and evening for a total of 7 days
- Don’t exercise, smoke, eat or drink caffeine in the 30 minutes before measurements
- If you have been prescribed any medication for your blood pressure please ensure you have taken this correctly for at least 7 days before you take the readings
Measuring blood pressure:
- Do sit quietly for 5 minutes before starting measurements (no TV, talking, reading, phone use)
- Do sit with feet flat on the floor, legs uncrossed, upper arm bare, back and arm supported with upper arm at the level of the heart.
- Do write down the numbers in the table below exactly as they appear on the monitor screen- do not round them up or down.
- Do take a minimum of three readings, leaving at least a minute between each one. If the first 3 readings are very different, take 2 or 3 further readings. Write down the lowest of the readings
If you have hypertension (high blood pressure) we would encourage you to monitor your blood pressure from home. During the pandemic, we are seeing fewer patients in the practice, and so there are less opportunities for a clinician to check your blood pressure for you. You can often get a more accurate picture of someone’s blood pressure with a series of blood pressures taken over a number of days.
Once you have purchased your home blood pressure monitor you can submit your results through our website. When we receive your results they will be reviewed by a clinician at the practice. We will contact you with outcome of your review and arrange any follow up if needed