Coronavirus – Face to Face Appointments
Due to the increased spread of Coronavirus the Practice has taken the decision to stop direct face to face bookings and will triage all patients needing medical care by telephone or video consultations. If necessary you will be invited to attend for a face to face appointment.
Please do not come to the practice if you have any of the following symptoms:
- High Temperature / Fever
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Loss of taste or smell
Unless you have been asked to attend the practice by a GP.
The practice has also taken the decision to cancel most non urgent services including:
- New patient health checks
- Travel advice and travel immunisations
We will continue to offer:
- Childhood immunisations
- Post-natal checks (this will now be done at 8 weeks to coincide with first childhood immunisations)
- B12, Zoladex, Depo injections
- Cervical smears
- Blood tests
- Essential blood pressure checks
We want to minimise any risk to all our patients and staff and we thank you for your continued patience and support. We will return to normal services as soon as it is safe to do so.
We are working hard to increase our ability to see patients for routine appointments in a safe way. For your safety, we have implemented the following steps:
- 1. Only inviting you to attend for a face to face appointment if it is necessary and safe for you to do so
- 2. Staggered appointments to reduce the number of patients waiting in reception and providing socially distant seating which is sanitized between patients
- 3. Asking patients to attend promptly for appointments. If you arrive too early you will not be allowed to enter the practice. If you arrive late you will not be seen and will be asked to call to rearrange your appointment.
- 4. Asking you to bring a face mask to your appointment if you have one
- 5. Please enter the practice at the rear of the building via Fitzpatrick Road
- 6. There is no access via the stairs, so please make sure you only share the lift with one other person and stand well apart
- 7. Please make sure you sanitize your hands on entering the practice
Deaf / hearing impaired
If you are deaf / hearing impaired, please request a face to face / video consultation through our Contact the Practice form stating the reason for your consultation request.